Injuries in the Work Place | We Can Help You

Do I have a Claim – Work Accident Injury

If you were involved in an accident at work that wasn’t your fault, you could be entitled to pursue a personal injury case if your injury occurred in an office environment, on a building site, restaurant, shop, warehouse, factory or driving for an employer.

Your Employer’s Duty of Care

It is an employers duty to protect staff and inform them about health and safety procedures. Employers must carry out regular risk assessments in the work place inside and out. They must ensure the health and safety of employees and visitors. This includes providing first aid equipment and facilities. Employees must also take reasonable care over their own health and safety.

Reporting the Accident

Employers have a legal responsibility to report certain accidents and incidents, and in some instances pay the employee statutory sick pay or contractual sick pay and give them time off because of the work related accident. If you’ve been involved in a work related accident it’s a good idea to make sure the accident has been reported too. Your employer must report any injury that prevents an employee from doing their normal work for more than three days.

At Synnott Lawline our team of dedicated, experienced solicitors specialise in helping people to bring a claim for injuries and illnesses that have happened at work. We endeavour to make sure you get the best legal advice possible and given access to the appropriate support services to recover from your injuries or ill-health. We aim to give you good, solid advice in plain English throughout your claim, so you will always know what’s happening.

What you Need to Know – Injuries at Work

  • Work Related Accidents that an Employer must Report
    • Back injury from lifting and manual handling
    • Injuries from slips and trips
    • Injuries due to lack of training or safety equipment
    • Faulty work equipment
    • Repetitive strain injury
    • Vibration white finger
    • Tinnitus
    • Forklift truck accidents
    • Injury from another employees mistakes
    • Road accidents whilst delivering goods
    • Construction site accidents
  • Health and Safety Regulations in Your Work Place

    Preventing back injuries is a major workplace safety challenge. Employers are required by law to adhere to strict Health and Safety regulations. It is their duty to provide a safe working environment for all staff members in all areas of the work place inside and outside. No 100% solution has been found for totally eliminating back injuries caused in the work place although it is felt that a portion can be prevented by effective control programs.

    Work related spinal injuries can be caused by lifting, placing, carrying and holding manual materials. An accident which results in a temporary or permanent back injury can also be the result of an unsafe environment or substandard machinery or tools.   If you have suffered or are suffering from a back or spinal injury due to a work related accident you may be entitled to pursue a personal injury claim.

  • How Your Claim is Valued

    The amount you will be entitled to will depend on:

    • The seriousness of the injury
    • Short or long term effects from the injury
    • Loss of earnings
    • Loss of potential earnings
  • Instruct Your Solicitor To Take Care of your Case

    By instructing your solicitor to make your claim on your behalf, the potential for confrontation is reduced which thus enables both parties to get on with their lives while a personal injury case is pending and ensuring the best result for you. If you’ve been the victim of a back injury, contact us now to get your Workplace Accident Claim started. Our specialised solicitors will assist you with any legal issues and queries you may have in relation to your Back injury claim.

  • How long do I have to Start my Claim?

    You have two years from the date of your accident within which to make a claim after which time your case will become statute barred. If you have any legal questions or wish to start your claim, please do not hesitate to contact our dedicated and experienced team of solicitors who will be more than happy to talk you through the whole process and answer any questions that you may have. Contact us 7 days a week by Phone: 01 453 7890 Email: or fill out our Call Back Form.

Got a query about your case?

Whether your injury case is straight forward or complex, our solicitors will provide professional legal advice, guidance and support throughout your case. Simply, tell us a little bit about what happened, we will guide you through the process and tell you whether or not you can claim for injury. Contact us by phone or email 7 Days a week. Expert Legal advice as you need it.


01 453 7890

Find us

Lawline House D08CX34

    Tell us about your case