Claims for careless or sloppy dental work can include a wide range of different situations, which can be minor to permanently damaging which include:
- Careless or sloppy work: if a dentist cuts a patient’s lip or gum during treatment or perhaps extracted a tooth in error.
- Inadequate Sanitation: If a dental clinic uses unsanitised equipment a patient can suffer from gum or tooth infection after the procedure.
- Misdiagnosis: If a dentist fails to properly or timely diagnose or treat a dental condition this can be cause for a dental injury negligence claim.
- Consent to Treatment: when a physician or hospital fails to obtain the informed consent of the patient before performing a procedure or operation. This may also be the case if your child has had a tooth extracted without the parents consent.
- Lingual Nerve Damage: Permanent and unnecessary dental injury that occurs through malpractice could result in a severed lingual nerve. This occurs during a lower wisdom extraction when the dentist carelessly servers the lingual nerve resulting in total numbness and loss of taste.
- Dental Treatment Abroad: Reduced price dental treatment overseas is very tempting but the results can be improperly performed dental surgery with no aftercare treatments available.
- Cosmetic Dental Procedures: Improperly performed dental surgery has unfortunately become common place. The initial results can be satisfactory but if veneers have been fitted incorrectly the damage as a result can be very costly, time consuming and painful to repair.
- Other common dental procedures include: Crowns and Bridges.
- Dental Treatment Abroad: Reduced price dental treatment overseas is very tempting but the results can be improperly performed dental surgery with no aftercare treatment available such as Crowns and Bridges, Implant Surgery, Root Canal treatment, Veneers Braces and more.